Being Beta

Exercises in the higher banter with One of 26. Elsewhere called 'poet of adland'. By a whipple-squeezer. Find out why being beta is the new alpha: betarish at googlemail dot com

Friday, September 05, 2008

Commercial: Brand Rothko


Brand Rothko
Originally uploaded by SgtRock333
This was spotted just off Market Place a few days ago. Some early doors awareness raising for one of the two Tate blockbusters that we will all, no doubt, be crammed into shortly.

I get why Caffe Nero are involved - nice reinforcement as the discerning place to go for coffee. I get why Tate have asked them - gets the word out about a difficult artist to an audience that might not have heard of him.

But I wonder what the Rothko estate think? As tie-ups go, it could have been worse, but when I see 'Light Red Over Black', it's not coffee I'm thinking of. And I'm not sure a perk up at that point would be right.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home