Being Beta

Exercises in the higher banter with One of 26. Elsewhere called 'poet of adland'. By a whipple-squeezer. Find out why being beta is the new alpha: betarish at googlemail dot com

Sunday, February 05, 2012

Poetry: A snow poem

as requested by Mr Tim Rich. It's a first draft, so be gentle.

The exaggerated courtesies

Heavier now, I drift towards the window.
I am amused by the exaggerated courtesies
the salt is showing me – he laid out
his gritty beige carpet before I arrived.
How did he know I was coming? I wouldn't have
flapped for him, if our hospitalities were reversed.
Still, I am mesmerised by the promise I contain,
that everything can be still, simple, new again.
But then, nostalgia for the first time is a luxury
that only affects the feeble-fated, something I seem
to bring out, especially in the populace of the southeastern
corner of this grumbling isle. For your information,
I am not an adverse condition, I am the best thing
that happens at this time of year.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul Campy said...

Especially like your last couple of lines. That and the descriptive inflation on our transport network that a little snow is now 'extreme weather'. What do we have left when it truly is the apocalypse?

Can you get medication for a grumbling isle by the way?

1:18 am  
Blogger BetaRish said...

Well, I'd say emigration, but that'd be giving in...

And thanks!

9:39 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home